Career Time!

So here we go...

Graduating is always a scary time. Now I need to finish my resume, polish my portfolio, and research, research research.

I am also thinking about starting my own project. I will be posting a few ideas and note about how that is going over the next few months and weeks. Stay tuned!



Week 10.5 (Final Term)

Two Weeks to go. Lots of polish going on and re-painting of older work. This is giving me a chance to see how far I have come.

Re-painted one on the left, original one on the right. Still unfinished.

Just a couple of images for now, hopefully have some more in a couple of days.

Week 8.5 (final Term)

Wanted to move away from the side on view of EVERYTHING I seem to be doing recently. So we have Jimmy.

Jimmy and his balloon

I also did one of jimmy falling off a cliff... Why? Because.

Falling...

Falling...

Week 6 (Final Term)

Sometimes as an artist you can get burnt out looking at the same project/character for days or weeks on end. To help with that I like to do something totally different and new to refresh my mind.

This was one of those weeks. I decided to work one some robots this week. Why? Because Robots are cool.

Robots; Jim and Pounder

Robots; Jim and Pounder

Week 10

Wow, it has been way too long since I have posted anything. To make up for that, I am going to post a sampling of everything I have been doing for the past few weeks. Please enjoy and feel free to post a comment below too. Thanks!

Police Mech design. Inspired by ostriches.

Some rough thumbnails for an internal environment.

Some rough thumbnails for an internal environment.

Full colour image of the above mech. (yes I spell colour the British way)

Full colour image of the above mech. (yes I spell colour the British way)

Something fun.

Something fun.

Concept for a handheld device.

Concept for a handheld device.

Drone crash. This was created using a technique called matte painting. This involved taking photos and splicing them together and creating a new image.

Drone crash. This was created using a technique called matte painting. This involved taking photos and splicing them together and creating a new image.

For reference this was the image used for the painting above.

For reference this was the image used for the painting above.

This is the concept for the drone.

This is the concept for the drone.

Week 3

Continuation of the previous week. Added a figure for scale and fleshed out the idea a lot more..

P.S. Click on image to cycle through the gallery.

Week 11

Final week of school work. Moved into some more human work these past few weeks. An environment based on a future version of San Francisco, and a female drug dealer. Thanks!

The progression from rough sketch to final painting.

Finally something I am working on outside of school work. More on this soon...